reminiscence of adolescence.

chotobela theke abbu onek bolto je jummah er din e namaz er jonno panjabi paijama porte. panjabi onek kom porleo, paijama toh portam e nah, bc y'know ''iSs eIsHoB tOh bUrA mAnuSh rA pOrE". so I'd mostly stick to my t shirts and sweatpants. sweatpants er toh emon nesha, emon kono jayga nai jekhane ami sweatpants porinai, starting from my local mudir dokan to getting on a flight. 

anyhoo, back to the panjabis. so yeah, my dad would wait the whole year for eid to come around, just so he could get matching panjabis for me, my brother, and himself. jinish ta tokhon iktu cringe lagto, bc i was a kid and couldn't process why he wanted what he wanted.

fast forward to like 10 years later, now when i see a dad and his son wearing matching panjabis during jummah or eid or whatever, it fills my heart. bc it reminds me of my dad and what he wanted. it took me all this time and many tiny realizations to finally become a family oriented man. if that wasn't enough, it really took me 10 odd years to come full circle. but hey, we all have our flaws. he lives about 5000 km away from us now, and even though we talk like every other day, i know we won't talk about this. however, someday, if Allah blesses me with kids of my own, I'd be more than likely to want the same thing with them. im sure they'd hate the idea at first, but i guess I'd have to allow them 10 years for them to come full circle, just how my dad had allowed me.

i wish we'd register these moments as they occured, because life, comes at you FAST.

Comments